CHEFS Mix Commonly Asked Questions—So far…
Thanks for a great first week on CHEFS Mix! We hope you have been enjoying the posts. We have been getting some great feedback on what is working and what is not working. Thanks to everyone who has emailed us and commented on the posts. We do read every one, and we appreciate that you are taking the time to let us know what you think and how we can improve.
We have been seeing a few commonly asked questions, and I wanted to address those and let everyone know what is happening behind the scenes:
- I am on CHEFScatalog.com. How do I get to the blog?From the CHEFScatalog.com homepage, there are two ways to get to the blog. This first way is from the links at the top of the page. If you click on “Community” you will see a drop down, and the first option there is CHEFS Mix Blog:
The second way to find CHEFS Mix Blog is in the footer of the page. In the Community links, you will find the link to the blog (If you had already looked in the footer but didn’t see it, you are right—it wasn’t there the other day. But we did get it added.)
- I tried to sign-up to get the blog posts emailed to me, and I am not receiving the e-mails or the link didn’t work. What’s wrong?Despite pre-launch testing, we have found a couple of bugs. The email link is one of those bugs. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. The email link has been removed from the left-hand side of the page, and our IT group is working to fix the issue. We are hoping to have the link back up soon.In the meantime, we do publish links to the new posts on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Pinterest. If you are a member of one of those platforms, please join us there to see announcements about and links to CHEFS Mix posts. You can also sign-up for the RSS feed to be added to your Google home page or Google Reader. For those of you who have emailed us wanting to join the email list, I am keeping your names and email addresses, and, as soon as we have a solution in place, I will add your email address into the system. I will also notify you when I have done so.
- Where can I get a printer friendly version of the recipes on CHEFS Mix?When we started posting the recipes, we overlooked the link for a printer friendly version. Oops! We are working on getting that functionality in place, and hope to have it live soon. In the meantime, we will be placing links within the posts that will take you to CHEFS Recipe section, where you will be able to print the recipe easily.Also, all of the CHEFS Mix recipes can be found in the recipe section. Visit the CHEFS Recipe section and click on the “Chefs Profiles” on the lower, left-hand side of the page, under “Learn About Recipes By”. You will find CHEFS Mix listed there, and under our profile all of the blog’s featured recipes can be found.
When you select a recipe, at the bottom of the page are choices for printing that recipe.
- I am a blogger, and would like to be added to your Blogs We Like list. Will you do that?We will consider any blog. The “Blogs We Like” are blogs that we like and follow. If you have a blog, please send us the link. The whole CHEFS team is always interested in finding new blogs and resources. Please be patient with us as we sort through all of the requests that we are sent. We will try to respond to every request, but it may take us a bit to get to each one.
- I am a blogger, can I do a product review for CHEFS? A guest blog post? Work together in some manner?CHEFS does partner with some select bloggers. In order to be considered, your blog needs to be closely related to cooking, the kitchen, and home. And we will also need some information about your audience. If you think you would be a great fit, email us and we will be happy to consider it. Please be patient with us as we sort through all of the request that we are sent. We will try to respond to every request, but it may take us a bit to get to each one.
Again, thanks to everyone for visiting CHEFS Mix, and for sharing your thoughts, comments, and questions. I hope that you will continue to share with us, and let us know how we are doing.
As we said in our first post, our goal is simple: to inspire and enhance your cooking experience by sharing our passion for cooking and products though these posts. You are the most important part of the mix, and we look forward to making CHEFS Mix a blog you read regularly; can learn from; and, most importantly, enjoy!